Moose Family Center #1572 will be celebrating its 100th anniversary beginning June 2018. The Moose Lodge was chartered on June 24, 1918 and the Women of the Moose (WOTM) Chapter 311 was chartered on June 16, 1919.
A Centennial Committee has been form! Its first meeting was 7:00PM August 5, 2015. This committee is still accepting members wishing to assist in planning all aspects of the celebration tentatively planned to run from June, 2018 through June, 2019. Anyone interesting in joining the committee or that has an interest in this event is welcome to attend meetings.
The following events/activities have been proposed:
- A published history of the Lodge available for sale.
- Moose float in the 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 4th of July and Christmas Parades.
- Past Governor appreciation dinner in 2018.
- Past Senior Regent appreciation dinner in 2019.
- June 22, 2018, Friday Fish Fry with King Vets, Valued Veterans, and possible guest speakers. Color Guards?
- June 24, 2018, Public Welcome dinner with Kids from Mooseheart, Alumni from Mooseheart and selected local organizations.
- A series of events happening from June 2018 to June 2019.
- June 16, 2019, Public welcome dinner with Kids from Mooseheart, Alumni from Mooseheart and selected local organizations.
- Under consideration: Special Label Point Beer bottles; Polka Mass; Polka Fest; several dances with live music from the 1917 up to present.
Check back for updates!